Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Terrific young adult fantasy novel

Fantasy might be my favorite genre of storytelling, but I must admit that I have watched  more fantasy films than I have read fantasy novels. But when I discovered that one of my favorite authors had written a young adult fantasy novel....I was pretty excited!

Quest for Celestia by Steven James is a fascinating and highly motivating book. The book is a re-imagining of The Pilgrims’ Progress by John Bunyan, and thus an allegory of the Christian life.

The story is a compelling one taking place in a unique setting with plenty of surprises along the way. It’s a journey filled with high stakes action, lighthearted humor, and all of the fantasy elements you could hope for! And then there is also the allegory to consider, which adds a whole different dimension to the book (especially for re-reading).

This is a book I will continue to read in the years to come. There's something special about storytelling in the fantasy setting that makes it even more enjoyable to read year after year. I've already read this book twice since I got it last summer and I would definitely recommend it to fans of young adult fiction, fantasy, and to Christians of any age.

***
I'm yet to post a book review on Journey with Emmanuel, but a fantasy novel travel story seemed like a great one to share.

Have you ever read Quest for Celestia before? What's your favorite fantasy travel story? You can't go wrong with Narnia and Lord of the Rings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts